Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Union Mission, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek staff best suited to each position based on their education, training, and experience. Union Mission, Inc. makes employment decisions and maintains a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law, with regard to any term or condition of employment. Union Mission, Inc. is a Drug-Free workplace.
Current open positions are listed below. Review the responsibilities and if you meet the desired qualifications, please complete the linked application for employment and send the completed application and your resume to email@example.com with the job title included in the subject line.
Director of Development
JOB TITLE: Development Director (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree required plus 5+ years’ experience as a development professional preferred
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of broad-based fundraising campaign strategies
- Demonstrated supervisory / staff development experience with ability to create a positive team environment
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing innovative and successful annual fund development campaigns whose components included: major, corporate and foundation gifts solicitation, planned giving, special events, direct mail and digital media
- Proven success in solicitations of individual gifts of $5,000 and above
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant applications
- Knowledge and experience with fundraising database applications
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in web-site content and development preferred
- Experience and relationships with prospective donors in the Savannah area preferred
- Effective time management, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully work independently and as part of an Executive Leadership Team
FUNCTION AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary responsibility of the Development Director is to ensure the continued success and growth of the organization’s development program and attainment of goals established by the Board of Directors. The Development Director will oversee the development and management of cultivation activities, annual giving campaigns, special events, grant writing as well as related relationship-building, marketing, communication and media activities including web–site and digital media components.
The following list of responsibilities is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be adjusted to meet UMI’s needs.
- Assist the Executive Director and Board Chair in writing and implementing an effective fund development plan to meet the mission and priorities of the organization, including strategies for individual giving (annual appeal, special events), corporate sponsorship, foundation giving, major gifts and capital funding
- Assist in creating and monitoring the annual development budget
- Active participation in Board of Directors’ Meetings
- Enhance and improve the existing UMI donor management database
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify, cultivate and steward individual donors, corporate sponsors, foundations, and development volunteers
- Along with the Executive Director, represent UMI at various development-oriented, community relations and marketing events throughout the community
- Design the process for and manage communications with current and prospective donors
- Develop and distribute marketing materials, newsletters, videos etc., to effectively and consistently communicate UMI’s mission, brand and impact to various constituencies
- Serve as UMI’s primary media liaison coordinating press releases and other media communication, including interviews of UMI staff and clients, and coverage of UMI events
- Oversee UMI Website content development; facilitate development of UMI’s social and digital media presence
- Supervises the Development team
- Other duties as assigned
This position shall have access to information in a patient’s medical record only to the extent that such information is required to carry out job duties. Any information obtained will only be used by or disclosed to those who have a need to know to ensure the provision of quality patient care. Patient information is to be held strictly confidential.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy/procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Elementary use of computer spreadsheet programs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear; and taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant, and peripheral vision, color and depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in an office environment or community setting. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to clients who may ask inappropriate personal questions, display socially unacceptable personal behaviors, use profanity and sexually explicit phrases, make insulting remarks or threats regarding appearance, age, sex, or rage, exhibit defiance, dishonesty, and assaultive or self-destructive behaviors.